Our Certified Auto Glass Repair and Replacement Professionals Come to You
Skip the waiting room. Have Mr. Auto Glass complete a windshield replacement or crack repair at your home or workplace. Our professional technicians offer convenient mobile windshield repairs to customers in Lakeland, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Sarasota, Jacksonville, and surrounding communities.
What to Expect During your Mobile Windshield Repair
A mobile windshield repair is a convenient way to fix inconvenient cracks and damage. Here’s what you should expect:
- You’ll receive a call before your appointment letting you know exactly when the technician will arrive.
- A friendly repair expert will arrive on-site, inspect the damage and have you authorize the work. The technician will explain the process and answer your questions.
- First, the technician uses a carbide drill bit to clean the damaged area before completing the windshield crack repair. This helps the repair resin adhere to the surface and prevents the crack from spreading.
- Next, the technician will inject repair resins that are selected based on the location and severity of the crack or chip.
- Finally, the technician cures the resin with UV lamps. The entire process takes less than 40 minutes. In most cases, you’ll be able to safely drive your vehicle immediately.
Benefits of Mobile Windshield Replacements and Glass Repairs
- Your windshield repair or replacement will be completed faster.
- It’s easy to schedule a convenient appointment with short notice.
- You won’t have to waste an hour waiting for the job to be completed.
- There’s no need to take time off work or wait at the repair shop.
- You don’t have to risk getting a ticket for driving with a damaged windshield.
- If the crack is repaired at your house, the damage won’t have a chance to worsen.
Scheduling a Mobile Windshield Replacement
- If you’ve booked a mobile windshield replacement, the technician will bring a premium OEM-quality replacement windshield that meets all safety regulations. We install over 2,000 windshield styles designed for most makes and models.
- Our certified technicians remove the molding clips and separate the old windshield from the urethane seal before lifting the glass out with suction tools.
- Next, the technician cleans, primes and coats the mounting surface with fresh sealant before your new windshield is installed.
- Then, the decorative seal is placed around the edge of your windshield.
The adhesive products that hold your windshield in place need time to cure. Your technician will tell you when you can safely drive your car again. Most of the premium adhesives that we use cure in several hours. If you’re traveling for business or leaving on a trip, we can select a sealant that accommodates your schedule.
Scheduling a Mobile Windshield Replacement or Glass Repair
To schedule a mobile windshield replacement or windshield crack repair, call Mr. Auto Glass. We'll arrange a convenient appointment and work with your insurance company to make sure that the repair or replacement will be covered.